I’m not done yet. But it’s better. It’s SO much better!
I’m definitely not done, but it’s a lot better. I got rid of:
- many many more articles of clothing
- the remainder of the papers I needed to shred
- craft supplies that I never used
- random old, weird gifts
- cleared out my jewelry and organized it
- cleared out two big rubbermaid tubs (not sure if I’m going to get rid of them, or use them for something else, so they’re still in the “after” photos)
- sorted things into a “crafts” pile, a “sentimental” pile, and a “going to someone else” pile
- tentatively moved some stuff around (though I’m not sure if I want to rearrange the room when it’s done done instead of just mostly done)
Overall, I’m pretty happy with the fact that I have a lot more space in there now and I don’t feel frustrated with a huge heap in the middle of the floor. Now I need to: go through all the supposedly sentimental items (my mom and I have VERY different interpretations of sentimental); go through a bunch of files (which will probably turn into more shredding- my favorite); reorganize my craft supply setup. I have a set of plastic drawers that probably needs to be cleaned out so I can add the things from my crafts pile to that. I think I might also move one of my small bookshelves in here, and possibly get rid of my weird plastic drawers altogether (it doesn’t have the wheels, and the whole thing comes apart pretty easily and isn’t very sturdy).
Decisions, decisions… okay maybe it turns out I’m not done at all.